Monday, July 6, 2009

Two New Reviews

Adventists Today Online has posted a review of our book. 

www.atoday.com

As we well expected Tompaul Wheeler, the reviewer, was hardly thrilled with the book.  He spent most of his words on the section of Ellen White. He did not tackle the main body of the book which dealt with the history and doctrines, but I don't want to review the review.  

We also received a better review from Hugo Mendez at:

www.sda2rc.blogspot.com

We just thought you might want to check them out. 

It is hard for people to place themselves in the position of our intended audience--former or inactive Adventists who feel hurt, bitter, disappointed or disenfranchised by the SDA church, so I am not upset with bad press. All my husband and I care about is that the book gets into the hands of the people that need it. 



6 comments:

JesusOverIsrael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mr. Anderson said...

Tesa,

I was disappointed to see the thoroughly one-sided review in Adventist Today. In the comment section there seemed to be more discussion of your personal beliefs than discussion over the topics presented in the book. Let me tell you something encouraging. Our web site was getting little attention until some Adventists set up a big web site attacking our site and attacking me personally. In the following years we had more than 1 million page visits. God will overrule those who seek to discredit you. Watch and see.

One thing I am certain of: No Church that allows the slaying of the unborn in its institutions is worthy of the title "Christian".

God bless,
Dirk Anderson

JesusOverIsrael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JesusOverIsrael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Teresa Beem said...

Dirk,

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I know that you have been through a great deal more than I have as far as being the target of their animosity.

I understand their anger. I was upset too when I was an Adventist and anyone challenged my beliefs. It is human nature to react in such a way. Sometime God uses anger to throw us into the path of reality!! Some people need that impetus to begin researching for themselves and then their eyes will be opened.

God bless,
Teresa

Teresa Beem said...

Dear Mr. Korn,
While I appreciate your comments, this blog is about Adventism. I would like to keep the discussion to things that pertain to that subject.

God bless,
Teresa