Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church--the Adventists?

Honestly, I don't go looking for this information... People send it to me. But I had to admit this is really funny.

The Seventh-day Adventists church is having its (every four years) General Conference in Atlanta this year and Angel Rodriquez gave some commentary about how to understand the nature of the church. He says... honestly... that Adventists are ....

CATHOLIC! (Angel uses a Big "C") and then he says they are Apostolic and then .... well I will let you read it:

http://www.gcsession.org/2010/04/the-general-conference-session-delegates-and-theology.html

Of course Angel isn't really meaning it. But what I find really interesting is how he actually does have an insight into what the real church Christ started looks like--its true nature. Only instead of seeing the real, he only takes the qualifications and pastes them awkwardly onto a church started less than two centuries ago, by a few strange New Englanders.

Well.... (smile) I can only hope and pray now that they are getting a clearer understanding of what Christ wanted His church to look like, that it will stand in stark contrast to what they have. Maybe some Adventist will notice how.... silly... they look...

Forgive me for making fun, because I truly love my Adventist family and friends but after all the years of brainwashing about what Catholics are going to do and what they believe---I find it terribly ironic that now Adventists are seeking to be--"One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic church." By the way, for Adventists who are not aware--that is exactly what the Catholics say each mass--it is in the Nicene Creed.

No comments: